Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spelling Stategies Look Say Name

I created this chart to give students another strategy to use when spelling words. We have been using HAVE A GO, and now we learned LOOK Say name cover write and check.   I made these little sheets so students could practice on their own.  These are the words that we are still learning or have not yet learned.  This spelling strategy comes from Diane Snowball and Faye Bolton Spelling K-8. 


You can download these labels at the end of this post!


 The point during this lesson is to LOOK at the word talk about what you notice. 

You can see in the first example went 

we talked about how many kids think went is wnt the e is missing.

 For here if you look at the first two letters you may notice the

word he or you might see the word her.  


I often introduce three to five new heart words a week.



cover

come
was

and

are

but
look

stop

they

went
like

play

up

you

Page One Look Say Name Cover Page Two Look Say Name Cover

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these! I know my kids will LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is neat. Will you be adding more words? I can't wait to use with my kinders. :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to use them with my kinders!

    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and omgosh is it amazing! Can't believe I have never been here before


    I would love for you to check out my blog too when you have time and follow me too


    Ms. Patterson


    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your newest follower! You're blog really is joyful!! I'm glad I found you. When I have some time this week I plan on downloading these great sight word book pgs. Thanks for sharing. Come visit me sometime.

    Becky-http://teachinglearningloving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa,
    Hi!! I just found your blog and it is wonderful! I love the Look Say Cover Write Check papers. I have taught the Look Say Cover Write Check in another school I taught in, but these papers make it SO much better! Thanks so much for sharing. I would love to have you visit my blog when you get some time. I am your newest follower.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ms. Clancy,
    I love your blog and wish I could work with you! You are fabulous!

    Erica

    Sprinkles to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I and sending responses back to comments by my email so I hope you get them! I am looking forward to checking out everyone's blog too! Ronnie asked it I will be posting more and I will be hopefully I will do another round next weekend! Thanks for following my blog!!! Happy Monday Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm following you over on Scribd now too =)

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK YOU so much! I just discovered your blog and I am in AWE! Thank you so much for everything...so many amazing ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have the labels in word? I don't have scribd and would LOVE to use these. If you can please email them to elizabeth.cobas.hill@gmail.com

    Thank you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are always exciting to read through articles from other authors and practice something from their websites. Here you have shared lots of educational information for childrens.

    Our content is so much similar to the preschool where your kids spend time. Our Rhymes are exceptionally Rhythmic unlike others.
    Kids Nursery Rhymes

    English nursery rhyme

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice article, looking forward for another great post from you.

    ReplyDelete

  14. This article is very interesting and effective. Thank you and good luck in the upcoming articles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always search to read the quality content and finally i found this in you post, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...