Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Guided Reading Books

This post will share with you some guided reading books I have come across over the years and thought they are worth sharing.


THE KING SCHOOL SERIES
The KING School series are only a dollar a book! I use these books in my classroom and think they are affordable and excellent. You can check them out on their site. 


TINY TREASURES

I recently went to a workshop, and the instructor shared these little books called Tiny Treasures... I fell in love immediately! The books are small (4"x4") that is why they are called Tiny Treasures. 
The deal is you can get 48 titles for 70 dollars. If you click on their website, you can see that the book levels range from A/1 to E/7. Although small, the books are beautiful. There is a vast range of fiction and nonfiction, and I think the size of the book will be appealing to kids. 

PENGUIN EARLY READERS

I love the Penguin Young Readers series. I am a HUGE fan because they use the Fountas and Pinnell leveling system, and it's right on the book!  I also think they are well- written stories. You can see above the level is highlighted. I have found these books at the grocery store, Barnes and Nobel and Amazon. They are reasonably priced around $3.50, and they are 32 pages long. For the level A/B books, it is almost three little books in one. You can also find these books in the Scholastic book order. 


QUICK TIP


I was lucky to take a Teacher College Reading Workshop this summer, and the instructor Christine shared this great tip. When working on retelling with your kindergartners, you want to use books with strong narratives, but you should also use little-guided reading books because that is what most kids are reading.  I love that suggestion! 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...