Friday, March 22, 2013

Jelly Bean Math



This post will share some jelly bean things we have been doing this week in KC kindergarten. 



This is an excellent book called  How Many Jelly Beans? Each page shows you an amount of jelly beans and on the last page, there are a million jelly beans. The kids LOVE this book. Special thanks to my friend Laura, who shared this book with me.

Here are Some Jelly Bean Math Problems 


 Shared Reading

This is a poem we have been learning about jelly beans. 

by KG 

5 comments:

  1. I bought this book at the start of the year and I love it to bits. I can't wait to use it with my class. Thanks so much for sharing your activities - I'll definitely be including them when we look at the book as a class.

    Stef
    Miss Galvin Learns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefanie, I am so glad! Your going to see how crazy the kids repond to this book! I love the illustrations too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just pinned! Thank you for the book recommendation. I want to do more math tasks based on literature, so this is perfect!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, We are doing jelly bean math this week too!! liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...