Sunday, November 18, 2012

Celebrating Writing

In this simple mini-lesson, I took pieces of student work that I wanted to put in the SPOTLIGHT!!
I photocopied a student sample on an 11X17 piece of paper and wrote on the paper.  Yes, these students are doing amazing things during writing time, and I want to share that!







My goal is to have every child be highlighted during the school year many times!!! I got this wonderful idea from the book What's Next for this Beginning Writer? By Janie Reid &Betty Schultze.

3 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful way to highlight everyone as writers. I'm sure they love it.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have been doing something similar but orally when a table shares their writing. I like how you wrote on their writing and hung it up! :)
    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to highlight those things you want your students to think about and do when they write.
    Connie Anderson:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...