Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Story Ingredients

My class has been working on retelling stories. What are the story ingredients? This chart hangs in the meeting area, it is a helpful tool for students to use. 


STORY TELLING STRINGS

The children use the story strings below to retell a familiar story to a partner. 
{Characters, Setting, Problem, Solution and Tie-Up}


STORY STRINGING WORDS

We are learning to use the stringing words below when retelling stories. We notice many of these words in our class read aloud.



The Maisy books have been a big hit in my class. I think they are
perfect for kindergarten!!! They are simple, short and funny.

RESPONSE SHEETS

After reading Knuffle Bunny, my class worked on the following
response sheets. 


 (Important Event or  Problem Solution)








18 comments:

  1. I agree with those who highly recommend this preschool. I witnessed a loving environment there, and I have regularly visited there and been there for as long as 50 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story post with nice images, i agree with you.
    early childhood education australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find your blog so very useful and so fun to read! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful poems and songs you share! I tend to "permanently borrow" many of your ideas!!! Your resources are fantastic!! Signed, a Very Grateful K Teacher from Maine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you use some of the ideas shared!Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not wait to learn far more from you. This is really a tremendous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you one million and please continue the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive website. Numerous helpful tips in this article.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is actually a great site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it smart.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Informative article, exactly what I wanted to find

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep up the pleasant job. Thank youu!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are some very great ideas above. Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep up the good work and thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This great article has truly peaked my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The website opened and I think it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck to the author! all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...