Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Alphabet Countdown

A friend of mine was telling me about her friend who teaches first grade and does an Alphabet Countdown for the last twenty-six days of school. 

Her class LOVES it.  The class gets a calendar sent home and each day they do something that represents that letter. I was able to look at examples of her sheet, and it gave me a starting point to build from.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks Robin for sharing this idea! When I make the calendar, I will post it. I have a feeling some of the kids in my class will have some good ideas too. I would love suggestions for the letters o and n.

8 comments:

  1. Mrs. Kimbrell's Kindergarten does it too. Here is a link to her page of ideas.
    http://mrskimbrellsclass.blogspot.com/2012/04/abc-days-of-kindergarten.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do something similar. It sure keeps the kids motivated...and me too. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to check out Mrs. Kimbrell's it's funny I haven't heard of this idea!! I was thinking it must add a bit of motivation and excitement!Thanks for your comments. Happy Weekend Melisssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea!! O - Outside Game Day (play a game outside with the kids) N - Name Day or N - Nature Day (take a walk outside / draw things in nature)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I wish I would have seen this like 8 days earlier...we only have 19 days left...but i definatley am doing this for my pre-k's next year!! I think I can find a way to use this in my ESL Pre-Kinder summer school class next month.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The same thing happened to me last year! I was talking to someone who shared this and we were already at the countdown. I would have posted this early but I just remembered on Friday! So, I spent Sat. morning writing it up! I love O for Outside games...my friend Genie came up with Outside Obstacle Olympics...sound fun! I love N for nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to use this in my preschool class but I will use it for the letter of the week!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole,
    What a great idea! I am about to update it for this year too! Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...