Friday, August 3, 2012

How many in a handful?

The first math investigation, my, math curriculum focuses on, is counting.

I decided to create this small book of counting different objects.

When students record their answer, they can trace their hand and record.

After students have recorded a few objects the pages, then ask them to make a prediction and circle if their prediction was more or less.

I know predictions will be tricky for students, but I think it is an excellent way to talk about what a prediction is and the math vocabulary words of more and less.

Happy Counting!








How Many Handfuls

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, we play this game quite a bit during the first term and a booklet is a great addition.

    Liz :)
    http://crazyforkindergarten68.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I am glad you can use it! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I will be using this in my classroom- thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. This is a wonderful book that I will be sharing with my K team. Have a great year. Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...