Saturday, May 19, 2012

Writing the Alphabet

Writing the alphabet is an assessment tool I use with my class to see letter writing. My colleague Genie had this sheet from her old school, and I just love it. This year, we did this assessment in the winter and spring.

Students write all of the upper and lowercase letters that they know.

 Next year, I plan to have my students do this each month. The booklet below has the sheets labeled for each month. This summer I hope to make a checklist that would record what letters the students know how to write and letters they need to learn.

2 comments:

  1. This is very useful to me! Thank you so much!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am trying to open Writing the Alphabet but it keeps saying the cache isn't there. Can you help! It looks like such a great idea!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...