Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I've Been Tagged!


I have been tagged by one of my favorite blogs!!!

Chalk Talk
The person tagged tells 12 things about herself, answers 12 questions asked by the previous tagger, and then comes up with 12 questions to ask the new tagees!
12 Things About Me....
1. I have two four year old twin boys name Owen and Finbar. We call them Owey and Finny. My two kids are busier then 21 kindergarteners!!

2. My favorite thing in the world is Tivo. I watch any and every reality TV show and popular series that is out there!!! I know it's terrible!
3. I love going to music concerts. My favorite concert is the Counting Crows.
4. I love to read teacher professional books. I have to have it immediately!! I love my Kindle. I often read two or three books at a time.
5. I have bleacher seats at Fenway park. I love all Boston Sports Teams.
6. I belong to a book club and a cooking club!! I don't cook.
7. I love teaching, I still feel that excitement I had when I got my first classroom!
 8. There are three drinks I must have coffee, diet pepsi and on special occasions Bud Light!!!
9. I love children's books. We have a chain of stores called Building 19 if you hit it right you can get amazing children's books from 2-5 dollars. I recently moved to the suburds and found an AMAZING book store like Building 19 but much BETTER it's called Park Street Books.
10. I am obsessed with Fonts and my cricut machine!!! These are my favorite fonts right now.


11. Every summer I get crazy about my class library! I never feel satisfied. My friends I work with say...your always working on your library!!I am. I love books, my husband always says I don't understand don't you already have books??Why do you need more??? I always pay cash at the bookstore!
This is one part of my classroom library. I am always looking for ideas on organizing!!!


12. I am new to blogging!! I started a class blog and a teacher blog because of April. April you would not know this but I accidental came across your blog and went to my technology person at school and said...WHATS THIS...it's AMAZING!!!! Teachers in my school system do not blog and I didn't even know what a blog was!!! So, my tech person Nicole met with me each week and showed me how to do it! Now, I'm addicted!!!! Thanks to you!



April's Questions....

1) Tell us about your family.
I have two boys Owen and  Finn. My husbands name is Patrick. We hung around the same circle of friends for years, never in million years would I think he would be my husband.




2) What is your favorite song or CD to use in your classroom?

I love  Joanne Hammil, Charlotte Diamond, Dr. Jean, Red Grammer , Tom Chapin and Heidi Songs. I just started using Heidi Songs and it's a huge it!! The song Black is the favorite in my class right now.

3) What is your favorite children's book?

Owen by Kevin Henkes

I LOVE all Scaredy Squirrel books
I love Amy Krouse Rosenthal books too!!!


4) What is your favorite part of your job?

There are so many parts of my job I love. I love reading books to my class and singing songs.

5) What are your must-have teaching resources?

chart paper, magic tape, good markers, colored card stock paper and books to read

6) What is your favorite TV show?
 
Survivor


7) What is your favorite thing to drink?

Diet Pepsi


8) What kind of music do you listen to?

Love listening to dance music.

9) What is your favorite thing to do with your family?

go out to dinner


10) Name a tv show you watch, but hate to admit to.

Jersey Shore


11) What is your favorite unit or concept to teach to your kiddos and why?

Writing Workshop, I think it's the most important work we do in kindergarten.
 I also love teaching Author Studies.


12) What are your hobbies?

running, reading, pinning, blogging and sometimes scrapbooking 

Now... here's who I am tagging....


I Love 2 Teach
Mrs. Guntorius
Literacy and Laughter
Learning With Mrs. Parker
.



Conversations In Literacy



Forever In First


Now onto my questions....

1) Tell me about your family?


2) What is your  favorite  vacation spot?


3) Who is your favorite children's author?


4) What is your favorite book for pleasure?


5) What is  your favorite movie?


6) What is your favorite tv show?


7) What professional books would you recommend to another teacher?


8) What do you like to do in the summer?


9) What is your favorite technology tool you use in the class?


10) What is your favorite font?


11) What are some must teach songs you teach your class or music you play?


12) What is your favorite thing to teach in the class?












2 comments:

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

I love Boston teams too, eventhough I'm from MI :) So glad I found your blog today, it's ADORABLE :) Have a great day!!!

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

S. Parker said...

Melissa,
Thanks for tagging me. I love your library. ?- How do the kids reach the upper levels? Like you, I am always rearranging. I love the feeling that everywhere we turn there are books. I loved your book picks.

I am so happy to "find" a new blog to follow.

Post a Comment